Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Suggested book reviews by members

Hello Lucio! Thank you for the great book reviews! I have been trusting by now much more a review written by you than by anyone else in the web. Do you intend to review https://www.amazon.com/Stillness-Key-Ryan-Holiday/dp/0525538585 Stillness is the key? Or Ego is the enemy? Yours faithfully

Thanks mate!

Yeah, I really like Ryan Holiday.
He's a smart cookie and I love how he combines ancient -but timeless- stoic philosophy with a modern, no-BS approach.

I think his "The Obstacle is The Way" is a truly underrated gem and a masterpiece of mindsets and problem solving.
In another thread we were talking about "stage 3" of self-development and motivation, and Holiday's mindsets there are mostly stage-3 levels.

I reviewed "Ego Is The Enemy", and it's great.

So for sure I will eventually look into "Stilness" as well.
Or, if you do so before I get the chance to, do let us know what you think.

Incognito has reacted to this post.
Incognito
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Thanks Lucio for all the value that you give use.

I noticed that Alan Roger Currie's books are missing from your "best dating books for men" section.

He's a very notorious dating coach in the manosphere/redpill community and he had a big impact on me. I'd love to have your point of view on his books when you have some time to read them.

Thank you for bringing Alan Roger Currie to my attention man, I didn't know him to be honest.

I will definitely look into him, he's also got a few books in audio format, which is great.

Right now I'm reviewing "The System" by Todd, and I have to say that as of now Todd might be my favorite dating coach.

Update, here's the review:

Killer7 has reacted to this post.
Killer7

Hey Lucio,

Did you ever review the book Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor?

I checked your book summaries and couldn't find it. I thought you might have reviewed it already because the description on Shawn Anchor's website reminded me so much of the overview of your Social Power Course:

Shawn: "We’ve been taught that if we work hard, we will be successful, and then we’ll be happy. If we can just find that great job, get a raise, lose those five pounds, happiness will follow. But recent discoveries in the field of positive psychology have shown that this formula is actually backward: happiness fuels success, not the other way around."

Here's a quick look at an excerpt from the book.

Best,

Ali

What's up Ali!

Yeah, I've read it and I loved it.
The review is here.

I do not fully agree actually that success comes from happiness, especially if we're talking about exceptional success, or if one
Happy people are often happy without doing much. Good for them. The really driven people are more hungry than happy, and they always focus on what could be done better.

But that's why that book is even more important.
Going too much on the driven and hungry side while losing sight of life satisfaction can make for a rather bleak and unhappy life.

I think it's especially useful for many readers of this website, as they tend to be very driven and goal-oriented, but that can come at the detriment of life's enjoyment.
Some of us are also motivated by a darker side, and that can make the quest for peace and life satisfaction even more important.

Quote from Killer7 on November 2, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thanks Lucio for all the value that you give use.

I noticed that Alan Roger Currie's books are missing from your "best dating books for men" section.

He's a very notorious dating coach in the manosphere/redpill community and he had a big impact on me. I'd love to have your point of view on his books when you have some time to read them.

BTW man, I have read some of Alan's comments and reviews while researching on Alpha Male Strategies.

He didn't make a very strong impression, the guy seemed bitter and angry at AMS' greater success.

Hi Lucio I hope you're doing fine.

Yes he's very angry at AMS and some other Youtube dating coaches because he considers that they plagiarized his books.

I like ARC a lot because his concepts are avant-gardist, original and battle-tested. He spends a lot of time on his Youtube channel responding to his critics, explaining his concepts and commenting current affairs.

I think his 4 books will make a nice plus to the book reviews section covering direct game, verbal seduction, women's psychology and the sexual market place.

Anyway, I know that you are an avid quality books reader so I think you'll like reading them.

Got it.
Yeah, plagiarism is one of those things that can easily get under people's skin, so if he feels that way I can understand his reaction.

Alright, I will definitely look into him and review one of his books once I circle back to dating and seduction.

Did you read them all? Do you have a specific one you'd recommend?

Yes, I read them all.

He's most famous for his book Mode One. He considers his book The Beta Male Revolution a prequel to his trilogy (Mode One, Oooooh . . . Say It Again and The Possibility of Sex).

So maybe start with The Beta Male Revolution and if it gets you interested read the rest.

I'd love to have your opinion on these books.

Processing...