Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

overview of Power University :

The good news is that this product is already the best in class.

But since I am such a perfectionist...

it should be: the best in its class.

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you, guys! Fixed.

Stef has reacted to this post.
Stef
Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

The company, which represents the interests of the owners, the shareholders, and the C-suite, will always its interest above those of the employees.

You're welcome. Thank you for taking the feed-back!

Lesson 16 chapter 9: "always put its interest" I think

At worst, you will brand like a problematic employee who doesn’t like the company’s vision and doesn’t fit the culture.

"you will brand yourself" I think

The Judge Role: A Tool For Power & Control

In simpler words: a less powerful judge role can control more powerful individuals.

I feel it sounds a little contradictory, I would suggest:

“a less powerful individual assuming the judge role can control what would otherwise be more powerful individuals.”

This what feminists resent: the judge power of men who consider them as less of women

Small bist missing: this IS what feminist... /consider them as less of A women

“no room for infinite relativism”. I LOVE THAT PHRASE

For example: all sensible people would agree that a child-molester judged as “not good enough as a human being” had it coming.

• I would say “most sensible people…” as some pretty smart guys that, granted, have radical different views on human sexuality, have argued in the past in favor of some conducts that at present would be considered “child molestation” in the legal sense. But this is a can of worms for a different discussion, lol, I know Lucio usually avoids generalizations and he may be refering to a child rapist.

“Some abusive judges aren’t even getting anything out of their abuse, but they enjoy seeing the effects of their power and control over their victims. The simple fact that their victims are suffering makes the judge feel powerful.”

• should we call them SADIST judges?

He talks about an easy woman who enjoys sleeping around.
Her carefree attitude is scaring the local wives though, who are plotting how to get rid of her.

• Reminds me of the movie Malena (Malèna is a 2000 romantic tragedy drama starring Monica Bellucci and Giuseppe Sulfaro)

Good judges are a minority.

And 100% bad judges might not also be a minority.

• I think the NOT is not supposed to be in the second sentence.

If you use for value-adding causes, you will make us proud and you belong with us (reward-based judge frame).

• If you use IT for value-adding. The It is missing

Wonderful article on the judge role!

I will re-read it several times.

Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you Stef!

Fixed. Quoted you in the "sadist judge" addendum, and also added "sadist judges" to the dictionary.

Stef

10 Ways to Be More Dominant

If you are someone’s host, avoid leading them because it’s highly jarring being told what to do in one’s own place.

As a matter of fact, it’s OK to let people play the host if they are the actual hosts.

• in the first paragraph "guest" would be more clear, since host can mean the owner of the place or the guest.

More submissive people are afraid of assigning tasks even when they know the best course of action

(IT IS... the best course of...)

Here is an example of cheek pinching, which a professor of mine used on a classmate of mine:

- you can eliminate the second "of mine" ( probably redundant)

Thank you, Stef! Fixed.

Stef

Beating cold-blooded dominance:
Their power is in the vacuum they create. They don’t smile, don’t joke, don’t touch you, don’t talk to you.
And the tendency for us is to do something..

Anything to [feel] the void.

Fill

small typo there, 7 Archetypes of dominance.

#3. The Smart Alec (Holier Than Thou[gh] )

I think the final gh was a typo

Lucio Buffalmano

Soft Power: The Key to Subtle Social Dominance

They will invest and they will be trying to win over your sympathies. Often, they will even try to change or they will [.....] on themselves to win your approval.

• something seems to be missing where i put the brackets
Lucio Buffalmano

Great catches, Stef, thank you so much!!

Stef
Processing...