Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello + Updates (What I'm Doing, Where & Why)

Quote from John Freeman on November 7, 2020, 4:39 pm

Hello Lucio,

yes, regarding attachment styles there is lots of info about it. However the key info is missing such as the « how ». Like how to develop a secure attachment style if you’re anxious, avoidant or anxious-avoidant. If you remember that was one of my first questions. I found that you’re very good in taking knowledge and turning into practical examples and applications. I think that is what is missing on this topic. At least I have not found yet such resource.

Cheers!

That's a great point, John.

And you're totally right.
That crucial information seems to be mostly missing.

I can see myself moving closer to a secure, but I don't yet have full clarity on what exactly it was.
So until then, or until some research shows a clearer path, I'll be holding off on that one (but so far I'd agree with Kellvo that general self-development, and self-awareness do probably do the trick).

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?

Makes sense!

In terms of travels/physical location, I'm stuck in Germany during this second Covid wave.

The Christmas decorations are awesome, I like the December days, it's January / February that have the least offer compared to other periods of the year.

In the years prior that spot used to be difficult to walk around because of the crowd

I was overly optimistic when I first read about the vaccine, thinking that by March we'd be over it.

Well, yesterday I realized I was (badly) wrong. So these days I'm also thinking about some different possibilities in terms of location / travels, and whether or not moving at all is even possible in the short term.

WORK: YOUTUBE FOCUS

I've been focusing on YouTube recently, updating some olds videos, updating the playlists, looking for good videos to use as examples for articles/PU, and releasing some new videos.

Albeit the new videos are still amateur-production style, they're far better than the old ones, so in terms of quality, I'm happy. In terms of views/subscribers, it's in line with the channel size, albeit less than I had expected/hoped (sometimes videos pick up late though, so some jurors are still out).

READING: ANARCHO CAPITALISM

I've finished reviewing "Anatomy of the State" by Rothbard, many thanks to Stef and Anon for putting him on the map, it was awesome.
Either that one or "For a New Liberty" from the same author, and which I'm still listening to, will go into the "best red pill books" list.

They both will go to support an article I have long in mind and that is also crucial to this website's philosophy. It's about "healthy individualism" as a form of personal empowerment.

I'm also reading "I'll Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse", by "Michael Franzese", a guy I've recently discovered. I'm listening to him on YouTube while eating, much to learn from.

Next Up: Seduction (Yaaahey 🙂

Next up I want to listen to "Atomic Attraction" and then to "Swoon", I long to get back into seduction... At least in terms of reading, in these cold and dry days of lockdown :).

I've finished reviewing "Anatomy of the State" by Rothbard, many thanks to Stef and Anon for putting him on the map, it was awesome.
Either that one or "For a New Liberty" from the same author, and which I'm still listening to, will go into the "best red pill books" list.

Thank you Lucio, I enjoyed the book review.
The discussion between Anon, Stef, and yourself was interesting.

Swoon is awesome. You're going to enjoy it.

Unrequested advice: if you want to improve the quality of your videos, I think an easy and small improvement is to work on the background. If the viewer sees that you're at home, it does look (kind of) amateur. So I would find a (virtual) background that could resemble the godfather environment or something like that. Leather, fire, etc: browns and deep reds, something warm. Also, the clothing part. You dress well, that is not the issue. My recommendation would be to dress more formally. No need for ties but I would go for formal shirts. I learned this at my current job: lined up and checkers shirts are the way to go to look professional. Few examples below. And not show chest hair if possible. Your style and the background is great (painting of lovers) ! However, it would be more fitting for seduction advice than advice about power dynamics I believe. Your tone of voice (descending at the end when you're delivering a powerful truth) is perfect, please don't change it!

Thank you, John, great advice!
I will check if my current editing software allows for an easy change of background (that would be cool).

I'm glad it's useful! Something like that:

Yes, it screams "Power". I mean the background, not the sweater. 😉

Damn, you got me, John.

Positive persuasion power move there: use as an example an individual that the receiver already holds in high regard.

John hit that 100% :).

Haha, I'm glad you like it. I'm offering you my perspective and doing my best to provide things that I believe could be of use to you.