Dark Psychology is an overview of the psychology of persuasion, and brainwashing.
It reviews some key fields of study in “dark psychology” and offers a few points on how to use it.
Dark Psychology Summary
About The Author: Michael Pace, which appears to be a pen name, is the author of several books on “dark psychology” and manipulation.
He also wrote “Dark Psychology 202“, which is the advanced and expanded module of “Dark Psychology” mini-series.
But I could not retrieve much information about him.
Benefits of Knowing Your Dark Side
The author lists a few benefits of getting to know your dark side, including:
- You become of how criticism of others is often a defense mechanism. Sometimes we accuse others of our own flaws.
- Understand how your words sometimes hide fear and anxiety, jealousy and envy
- You become aware of уоur fears аnd anxieties
- Better understand our relationships with others
- Accepting ourselves fully
- Freeing of guilt
Basically, it’s about self-awareness.
When you become more self-aware, you learn the motivations behind your actions and you can also better work at changing and improving yourself.
This is also a point that Robert Greene makes in The Laws of Human Nature.
Six Steps to Change Thought
The author says there are six main steps in changing people’s
- Enѕurе thаt a person is not aware thаt аnуthіng ѕuѕрісіоuѕ іѕ happening.
- Create a рhуѕісаl аnd ѕосіаl setting that іѕ еntіrеlу manipulated аnd isolated.
- Mаkе thе реrѕоn bеіng mаnірulаtеd fееl роwеrlеѕѕ
- Use punishment аnd reward to dіѕаѕѕосіаtе the individual from fоrmеr bеhаvіоr аnd lifestyle
- Use rеwаrd аnd рunіѕhmеnt for mаkіng thе grоuр аnd іtѕ іdеаlѕ ѕееm highly арреаlіng
- Exert аbѕоlutе authority оvеr the individual whо іѕ bеіng mаnірulаtеd by thе сult
More on Dark Psychology
If you want to read more on dark psychology read:
And finally, there is this website’s flagship course “Social Power”, which is an overview of power dynamics and persuasion (including dark psychology).
Dark Psychology 101 is a very short text and it doesn’t really teach much about dark psychology.
Or about psychology in general, for that matter.
I found it tautological and self-referential and rather empty.
The author says “how great this or that technique works”, but then offers no proof, no study, no example… Nothing to either back up the claim or actually explain the technique.
If you are looking for wisdom and depth of information you might not find much here.
Lots of driveling, and few little information.