Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Typos, Grammar, Syntax, & Content Improvement - Megathread

The Word of Mouth Marketing Book Link is not working:

https://thepowermoves.com/word-of-mouth-marketing-book/

Lucio Buffalmano has reacted to this post.
Lucio Buffalmano

Thank you for the heads up, Matthew!

That was part of the "great purge" of average, below average, and OK books to focus on the great ones.

I removed the links to it now that were present in two other reviews.

Have you read the forum guidelines for effective communication already?
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on October 14, 2021, 11:11 pm

Between not using video examples and using them, I still choose to, though.

One because the majority of video stays around for a long time, and two because people can search for the youtube URL if they're interested and possibly find alternative sources for the videos (but it requires some tech skills).
And three, because it's also possible that one day there might be some editors here to make sure that everything is up to date.

To address the worst-case scenarios of deleted videos, in the new articles and updates I'm also adding dialogue transcripts. That way the example can still work somehow even without the video. Plus people can more easily find the original video via the transcript, if they want.

Finally, for great and important examples as well as for core articles and Power University I have either saved the video, or downloaded it and re-uploaded it to my channel.

The video examples are really useful and way better at conveying and cementing the lesson/out take of the particular article.

I personally find the videos to be exceptionally helpful in understanding the interactions. Given the option, I will always look at the video.

I did notice the transcripts of dialogs in some of the newer articles - I think that is a great idea for future proofing if the particular youtube link is taken down. Absolutely ace that you're putting those together!

I haven't looked at any videos/transcripts when writing this, but I did have a thought. It might be worth having a 'hard reference' of where the video clip has come from as most have come from movies/series. Adding a time stamp reference would certainly help to track things down in the future. Just a thought.

Lucio Buffalmano and Matthew Whitewood have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoMatthew Whitewood
Quote from Lucio Buffalmano on October 15, 2021, 9:02 pm

That was part of the "great purge" of average, below average, and OK books to focus on the great ones.

I removed the links to it now that were present in two other reviews.

Are you going to remove most of the reviews of the average and bad books?

I feel that it has helped me to look out for what types of books are bad.
And also save me time by not reading the book.

There are too many average books though so it can become an endless list.

Quote from Jack Leśniewski on October 18, 2021, 1:32 pm

The video examples are really useful and way better at conveying and cementing the lesson/out take of the particular article.

I personally find the videos to be exceptionally helpful in understanding the interactions. Given the option, I will always look at the video.

I did notice the transcripts of dialogs in some of the newer articles - I think that is a great idea for future proofing if the particular youtube link is taken down. Absolutely ace that you're putting those together!

I haven't looked at any videos/transcripts when writing this, but I did have a thought. It might be worth having a 'hard reference' of where the video clip has come from as most have come from movies/series. Adding a time stamp reference would certainly help to track things down in the future. Just a thought.

Thank you for the feedback, Jack!

What do you mean exactly by "time stamp reference"?
And I don't get how that would help to track things down.

Something like indicating the time stamp of the scene in the full-fledged movie.

Like 1:30:37 in the full movie of Wolf of Wall Street in a particular scene.
Because that would serve as the standard benchmark using the full movie.

Although that may potentially incur more work:

• Looking up the movie instead of snippets on YouTube
  • Finding out where the scene matches the ones on YouTube
Lucio Buffalmano and Jack Leśniewski have reacted to this post.
Lucio BuffalmanoJack Leśniewski

Yeah, right probably that.

It's a good idea, but there are some issues indeed.

Another issue is that it would take some space to list those details on an article/lesson and, even if ever so slightly, slightly break the flow.

A good idea, but I think it might be overkill.
Also because scenes from popular movies or series are easy to find.
And the ones that are difficult to find or from real life, you're better off simply backing up as the timestamp would be useless.

As far as my 'hard reference' time-stamp, Matthew has it exactly right. Thank you for clarifying the idea.

There is no be-all, end-all solutions. I can see how putting that in the articles would break the flow for a read. It could well be overkill. Thanks for considering the idea.

I've got a fair few things noted down in a text file on my other machine - I will post those in a second.

Entitlement Mentality: Signs & Cure (W/ Examples)

To entitled people what others accomplish, say or do doesn’t matte much.

To entitled people what others accomplish, say or do doesn’t matter much.

People can often be easily won over to your way of thinking sometimes.

People can often be easily won over to your way of thinking.

But first they need to feel that you care and understand about their opinion (seek first to understand, 7 Habits).
But first they need to feel that you care about and understand their opinion (seek first to understand, 7 Habits).

“I’m a woman, he should pay for me” (low value woman to guy who obviously feels the opposite)
“I’m a woman, he should pay for me” (low value woman to guy who doesn't feels that way)

Entitlement Self-Hep Examples
Entitlement Self-Help Examples

Daring Greatly: Notes & Review

Have the courage of showing up and engaging even if could hurt
Have the courage of showing up and engaging even if it could hurt

Soft Power: The Key to Subtle Social Dominance

Let me preface this right away.
Let me preface this the right away.

In this example, I fame myself as the judge by creating a group of “adults” who read deep texts.
In this example, I frame myself as the judge by creating a group of “adults” who read deep texts.

Value & Availability: Two Foundations of Social Dynamics

People Want With The Highest Available Person Possible
People Want To Be With The Highest Available Person Possible

How to Be A Leader: 13 Laws From Social-Psychology

They take part in discussions, contribute, bond and connect with members and, of course, they over responsibilities and add value to the group.
They take part in discussions, contribute, bond and connect with members and, of course, they take over responsibilities and add value to the group.

How to Avoid Being a Social Burden

video unavailable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tptihj92_1o

Controlling People: Summary & Review

Even looking for government support to help the family when in need can be a treat for a controller.
Even looking for government support to help the family when in need can be a threat for a controller.

3 Sex Goddesses Teach You How to Seduce A Man

A guide on female seduction could not start with Marilyn Monroe.
A guide on female seduction couldn't not start with Marilyn Monroe.

There’s a strong relationship between how much we accept our bodies and how inhibited we can get in bed.
There’s a strong relationship between how much we accept our bodies and how (uninhibited?) we can get in bed.

We know that unconsciously, and that’s why sexually inhibited seducers are so good at arousing men
We know that unconsciously, and that’s why sexually (uninhibited?) seducers are so good at arousing men

video down

Dark Psychology: 7 Ways to Manipulate People

how manipulation is used to gain an advantage during manipulations
how manipulation is used to gain an advantage during negotiations

How To Slow Down Sex & Get A Relationship

And it only gets worst when he’s really into you.
And it only gets worse when he’s really into you.

If you also rest his head on his shoulder, he might feel like you’re in need of emotional support.
If you also rest your head on his shoulder, he might feel like you’re in need of emotional support.

12 Ways Companies Manipulate Employees (W/ Examples)

Sed yourself up as a good judge, and people will work to avoid feeling like “not good enough for your expectations”
Set yourself up as a good judge, and people will work to avoid feeling like “not good enough for your expectations”

The Power Dynamics of Being Jacked (+ 3 Tips to Get Jacked Fast)

Every animal on the planet has one objective: to pass their genes into the next generation, and give them the past chance of surviving
Every animal on the planet has one objective: to pass their genes into the next generation, and give them the best chance of surviving

10 Nasty Games Women Play (Women, Stop These!)

But the first important corollary of that rule is that when and women are roughly matched, it’s fair and expected that during courtship the man invests somewhat more than the woman does.
But the first important corollary of that rule is that when a man and women are roughly matched, it’s fair and expected that during courtship the man invests somewhat more than the woman does.

And by that “investing” I don’t necessarily mean “paying” or “writing her first”, albeit those can be part of that mix.
And by that “investing” I don’t necessarily mean “paying” or “writing to her first”, albeit those can be part of that mix.

Alpha Female: 10 Types of Leading Women

Furthermore, if alpha females care about it, going too much on the male side would make her lose lots of points in the dating arena.
Furthermore, if alpha females care about it, going too much on the male side would make her loose lots of points in the dating arena.

9 Self-Defense Techniques Against “Tasking” & Orders

youtube link dead
https://youtu.be/WHMBJdySFlQ?t=363

The 7 Archetypes of Dominant Men: Pick Your Style

youtube link dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjy_FKODsTM

Thank you so much, Jack!

This is awesome.

Might take me some time to through them all, but it's going to be an awesome opportunity to improve the website -thanks to you-.

Processing...